The first time running Protrader for Desktop there will be a default connection set up, so user can simply enter the login and password to connect. If user has several connections or want be able to switch quickly between accounts, he can create a new one.
To create a new connection:
- Click the 'Setup Connections' button on the login form.
2. Add new connections to the list.
Select Connections tab:
Fill out the connection details:
- Name - title for the connection.
- Host name - host name of the Terminal server. User needs to get this information from his broker.
- Secure - check this option if the connection requires secure protocol.
- Test - use this button to make sure that the Host name was entered correctly and it's reachable with current internet (proxy) settings.
- Use separate quotes server - this function is used to optimize the platform for low-bandwidth connections.
- Use HTTP connection - this function is used in the situations when general TCP connection is not working. The main reason of this: TCP traffic can be blocked in local networks.
Select Appearance tab:
- Run on startup – allows to run Client terminal after PC starting.
- Automatic reconnection – provides automatic reconnection after sudden disconnections from the server.
- Language – language settings for the Client terminal.
Tab Proxy allows setting up proxy connection parameters. To set proxy connection check the 'Enable proxy' option and enter connection parameters: URL, port, login and password (for authentication).
After finishing setting up the connection parameters click OK to save the connection.
Passwords can be changed anytime by using the following methods:
1. Before login to the Protrader for Desktop:
If user forgot his password and need to log in, simply click the Recover link on the main login screen.
To recover the password:
- enter Login ID in the Login field;
- enter email in the Email field;
- click Recover to receive an email with a recovery key. Then enter this key to the field.
2. After login to the Protrader for Desktop:
To open the Change password window, click the Change password in Environment menu.
To change the password:
- enter current password in the Current password field;
- enter new password in the New password field;
- re-enter new password in the Confirm new password field;
- click OK to apply the new password.
ERRORS ARISING WHEN CHANGING THE PASSWORD
When changing the password the user may have some problems, at which the following error messages will be displayed:
- Incorrect current password or login - the message appears if the old password is incorrect or the user does not already exist in the system.
- Incorrect new password: you cannot use the same password - the message appears if the user enters a new password, which coincides with the old password.
- New password contains prohibited symbols - the message appears if new password contains prohibited symbols (for example, & etc.).
- Password cannot be the same as login - this message is displayed if the new password matches the login.
- Please enter new password - this message is displayed when new password has not been sent to the user or the new password field is empty.
- Incorrect new password: password should contain 1 number and 1 uppercase letter - this message is displayed if the new password does not meet the required level of password protection (Strong Password required, low level of protection).
- Incorrect new password: password should contain at least 8 chars and numbers - this message is displayed if the new password does not meet the required level of password protection (Strong Password required, low level of protection).
- Incorrect new password: password should contain at least 8 symbols including chars, numbers and special symbols - this message is displayed if the new password does not meet the required level of password protection (Strong Password required, low level of protection).