The Trading settings menu allows user to configure trading, confirmation, and warnings defaults. In order to open it go to Environment tab -> Settings. It consists of three main parts.
- Symbol - specifies the symbol used by default. This is the instrument that will be shown first when a user loads the Chart panel or Order entry panel.
- Account - specifies the account used by default.
- Show SL/TP price in offset – if checked, order prices are shown in offset, if unchecked – in absolute values.
- Slippage (Slippage is the difference between the expected fill price and actual fill price) if checked the Slippage option allows user to set the maximum slippage (in ticks).
To specify additional settings for orders a user first needs to select Forex, Forwards, Options, Futures or Equities.
- Quantity default, lots - specifies the default lot size for orders.
- SL/TP (ticks) default offset, ticks - specifies the default value of offset field for SL/TP.
- User quantity coefficient field - is the default increment applied to all quantity counters.
- User can also specify the price increment (e.g. the Limit price field in the Order entry panel). Price increment (Arrow) (ticks) determines the increment value when pressing the Up Arrow (^) key.
In Confirmations section all of the options are fairly intuitive.
- When Confirm order placement is checked, order placement must be approved by the user.
- When Confirm order cancellation is checked, cancellation of an order must be approved by the user.
- When Confirm order modification is checked, modification of an order must be approved by the user.
- When Confirm position closing is checked, closing a position must be approved by the user.
- When Confirm position reversing is checked, reversing a position must be approved by the user.
- When Confirm layout overwriting is checked, overwriting a layout must be approved by the user.
- Warn if wrong order - if checked, the user gets a warning message in case of placing order with incorrect parameters.
- Warn if today's volume exceeds - allows user to select today volume level at which the system will display a warning message.
- Warn if order quantity exceeds - allows user to select a quantity level at which the system will display a warning message.
- Warn if order capital exceeds - allows user to select an order capital level at which the system will display a warning message.
- Warn if available funds less - allows user to select available funds level at which the system will display a warning message.
- Warn if today's gross less - allows user to get a warning message in case if the level of today gross is less than in set parameter.
- Warn on application close - if checked, the user gets a warning message when he/she tries to exit.
- Show margin warning - if checked, user gets a warning message in case if the margin warning level is reached.
- Warn if time desync exceeds (sec.) - allows user to get a warning message about time of desync with the server.
This function is a very useful because for traders the following items are very important:
- The exact arrival time of quotes from the exchange;
- The exact time to next bar on the chart;
- The accuracy of the chart;
- Quotes latency time.
If time of user’s computer is not synchronized with the system time then while running desktop application user will get a warning message about the time synchronization that appears on the right bottom corner of the workspace. After clicking on the message Windows settings panel will be opened, then go to Date and time window - > Time on the Internet, where you can synchronize the time of computer.
- Show overnight margin notification message - if checked, user gets a warning message in case if user position will be transferred overnight.
If user has open positions on symbols which have overnight coefficients, user will get overnight margin notification message "Warning: on 11:12 Exchange will be closed. The margin requirements will be recalculated with the overnight coefficients before closing".
The overnight warning message shows the following items: Account (Account for which the margin coefficients are switched to overnight), Margin available, Maintenance margin (based on overnight coefficients), Overnight margin available.
Overnight margin available = Balance + all risks - Overnight total maint. req.
If Overnight margin available < 0, user will get a message "You don’t have enough margin for overnight, we force close some positions and cancel orders".